msknight

Michelle's corner

"The Wrap"

I've been on hiatus for a while. I had planned "Green lightning," which had a theme of fighting the organised gangs in Mexico. However, it looks like things have got too serious there, for me to write a fiction book around it. So that idea is parked.

Issues elsewhere in the world are also quite serious, so I've decided to go into the future again. Science Fiction... again. Begins with a murder investigation. The core plot is already down. I know the who, what, when, where and why. As usual, greed is the primary motivator. Also, a commentary on corporate greed and the weakness and gullibility of politicians.

But then... it is a well worn path. The key is the journey... the twists, the tales, the intrigue... that's what it's all about. Right?

The next step is the primary characters. Names, descriptions, motivations and where they sit in the great scheme of things. Also, how they change. Would they have the guts to  pull the trigger in the critical moment?

Once I've got the primary characters down, then I can use their personalities, drives and agendas to weave the sub plots that will surround the skeleton of the main plot itself.

It has taken a while to get to the point where I want to write again. The block of six books that I wrote, took a lot out of me in terms of energy and effort; and nothing sizeable came back to recharge that bank, so I've had to wait for it to fill itself through its own mechanisms. Let's just hope that I take the lessons I've learned so far, and write a better book this time.