msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

An interesting question...

"We need more research to better understand the differences between TV and reading. But for now, it might be worth asking ourselves: What am I watching tonight. And will I be a better person for it?"

The conclusion from an April "Big Think" article here which I thought I'd share - http://bigthink.com/ana-sandoiu/you-are-what-you-watch-how-tv-influences-moral-behavior - Personally, as we've got so little time on this planet, I think it's worthwhile considering from every angle. Not only for readers either, but also for authors. What am I writing, why am I writing it, and what will it contribute to society?

I had a shock a few years ago when a child bought a copy of, "Check Mate," at an event I attended, and after the event I was concerned about the amount of profanity in it. That led to a change within me and for those interested, I pondered on it here - http://msknight.booklikes.com/post/1280692/the-first-convention