msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

A time and a place to write.

I have not written a word in anger in many a month. I know why. It is because I am unsettled.

There are no great fights. Some uncertainty, but I'm confident that my job is not one of those at risk. However, change is undulating beneath me and I am conscious of it lapping at my ankles.

The home office is in disarray. There are electronics projects to be completed, so that I can clear the floor and organise the work benches. It is not possible to shut myself away in another room and continue to work from there, because my heart knows that these things have to be brought to completion, before I can be at peace within my own soul... to write.

It is not for a lack of work, or writers block. I know what is to be done, and I know what form the words will take. But words need both mind and heart to be in unison, to craft something that has a meaningful connection with my soul.

I know that sounds poetically insane, but it is true for me. Every writer probably has their own needs, rituals, muses, influences and more. These, simply, are mine.

I hardly use a pen any more, but recently I bought writing pencils and replaced the cartridge in my fountain pen. More ink will evaporate into the air than will ever soak into a piece of paper, but that is the poetry. As I complete the work around me... as I put every little piece back in its proper place... or carve out a new hole while disposing of the past... I step closer to the union of heart and mind that will let me write.

There is no use in forcing it. Nothing good will come of rushing. Everything will have its time.

To any outside observer, I will simply be tidying my little home office, throwing away the junk and sorting out the new equipment. Repairing things and clearing the decks, so that I have a clean slate, from which to move forward. But underneath there is a deeper feeling. A purpose. A time. A place.

So in the mean time... I continue to repair, renew and regenerate.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruxwb5rF-mI