msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

Preparing for the audio recording next week.

Tired. It's been a busy few weeks including a long weekend helping a friend move house. However, I'm gearing up to record Check Mate as an audio book. I've got the microphone base down, the leave from work is booked, I know which tick-tocky clocks to remove the batteries from... in short all ducks are lined up in a row and are ready to quack. My appeals for information have brought back little, but what I have heard means I won't be introducing sound effects or music. It'll just be me. I'll record a video of the set up and starting the recording, which will also contain some of the decisions I've made. Acting is actually quite difficult. I recall trying to make my first funny videos ten years ago, and it was surprising how hard it was to deliver content. Eight years of V-blogging on YouTube, however, has seen me gain confidence. Also, I spent some years working in telephony. When wee needed announcements recorded, other people who were scared of their voices didn't want to volunteer but I was quite happy to do so. The net result is that while I don't think my voice is particularly good, I do have confidence in myself. That, I think, carries a lot. It will actually be an interesting adventure for me, as a creator. I'll get to put my own intonation and pacing on the words that I've written. The first chapter of Check Mate is particularly dry and will, perhaps, be the hardest to record but I hope will reap the most reward on a persona level, if I manage to achieve a good recording. It will certainly be a shot in the dark. I know nothing about how these recordings are supposed to be formatted and presented to listeners. Wish me luck... I'm going to need it.