msknight

The Game Believes in You: How Digital Play Can Make Our Kids Smarter
Greg Toppo
Progress: 114/256 pages

My Website News Update

I don't often update my writing web page with news, because things are so slow. In fact, I was due to update it in January but... yeah... like that happened :-)

But this is the update that I decided to put up this morning, if it's worth anything to anyone...

OK, so the updates turned in to something more than the usual joke, because it's March before I get around to updating the news. Which probably tells you all you need to know about the news around here... there isn't any !!!

The next book is in the pipeline. I've started on chapter 1 and had good feedback, but I've immediately put it on hold. I'm waiting for feedback from someone before starting on re-writing Companion and Leader. The Submissive Heart series is what I personally regard as my legacy, the message I want to give the world, so I want to get it right. In reality, I should have written several other books before starting on that series, but it was only ever intending to be book-and-done; I never envisaged writing going this far, so... yeah... that's how things rock sometimes.

The next story is going to be more science fiction, set in the present day, and not too far unbelievable. Basically, it's Blue Thunder and Airwolf, brought slightly up to date and given a little twist. Looking back at them (I own the DVD's of all, except the re-boot of Airwolf) they push all the right buttons except their believability. They feel shallow. That's one of the things I want to tackle. Yes... while also trying to convey the feeling of flying an attack helicopter to the reader... when I've never even been in a standard helicopter. So... no pressure then!

My research is already under way. I have links to a few aircraft people and the research in to supersonic helicopter flight has been going on for decades, so there is a good foundation there. I've sent some e-mails to helicopter manufacturer Sikorsky, and as it happens, the current US presidential dust up with the intelligence community, is fertile ground for plot. So... the scene is set... as long as the current pres doesn't get impeached sometime in the next four years... but that's another story.