msknight

The Game Believes in You: How Digital Play Can Make Our Kids Smarter
Greg Toppo
Progress: 114/256 pages

Thanked for no DRM

I have a small YouTube channel, and I don't push myself but I do tell my audience my news and how some things work. I mentioned Genie coming out and that it was going live on the publishers site. I rambled on about DRM, one of my bug bears, and that we don't DRM the content. It was all mixed up with my usual gripe about Amazon taking such a chunk and holding on to funds for so long before giving the earnings to the publisher. - (I tell you... my YouTube audience don't half put up with some rants from me! Beats me why they subscribe to the channel some times!) So he went and bought Genie and actually thanked me, because he found it freeing to be able to copy the PDF between devices without any grief. :-) ... that sort of feedback justifies not DRM'ing the books. In fact, I was quite surprised to hear that DRM caused him such aggravation. How badly does DRM interfere with your book enjoyment?