msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese

First cover draft has landed

— feeling terminator

Wow. What more can I say than... wow.

The first draft from the artist for the Genie cover art has landed. It's a style which harks back to a few decades old, but is brought up to date and I feel suits the book very well indeed.

There's a few things about it that I've got to put to the artist... some small tuning decisions to be made... but it is said that a good cover can sell a book... and I've read people's blog posts where they've picked up a book and given it a chance purely based on the cover.

When you're not selling many books, the cost of a good artist is out of proportion to the income... but sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet and eat baked beans for a few weeks.

I'm probably facing a damages bill from Premier Inn, because I'm bouncing around the hotel room in excitement right now. Coming face to face with the fact that I'll never be a famous or best selling author, I think sets me free from the disappointment of repeated failure, and I can enjoy the process of creation, for what it is.

In the mean time, here's a picture of Tower Bridge, a view across the Tower of London and also a view from outside the training room window... hopefully in a few weeks, I'll be able to upload a picture of the new cover for you...