msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

Genie - First read nearly done

Just another ten pages now, and then the paper based read is done. It's already gone over 76,000 words as more has been added, and I know that these last ten pages I want to add more flesh to.

Obviously, I'm not offering you a screen shot of the scribblings on those pages! That would be really unfair, peeking at the end.

The search for an artist is going slowly, because I know that once I strike up a deal, I'm going to have to hand them a copy of the manuscript. So it should only be a few days before I can do that, and I'm chasing leads already.

The publisher needs signed rights to use the image on the book and also in promotional materials in electronic and print form. Target sales... well, I'll be lucky if I hit 100, to be honest. Some of this will come down to the artists license terms, but that's where negotiating skills come in... and yes, it'll be me doing it on a budget.

Well, this is the reality when you're an unknown author :-D