msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

Genie - All feedback incorporated

The manuscript stands at 74,500 words exactly.

With the statement of rights, disclaimer, acknowledgements and the simple words, "The End," that adds another 201.

Although the alpha readers remit was to feed back on plot, pace and progress, I also had reports which highlighted some grammatical and spelling errors, so all that has now been incorporated.

A few new chapters were inserted also, which accounted for the extra five hundred-ish words.

So... what now? I re-read it myself with my mind now tuned to texture. With the events themselves down and most of the plot holes plugged, I can now add some extra pieces of depth where I feel it is needed. That's going to take a slow, measured re-read. Probably on paper.

First, though, I have to fix my laser printer... which probably won't be for twelve days. Fortunately, I'm a hardware techy and spent a short amount of time working for H.P. ... unfortunately, my printer is a Samsung...