msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

Grave nearly done

The editors alterations were inserted in to the main manuscript and were actually sent back to her at 14:12 on Saturday.  I could have loaded on to the Kobo and given another read through before sending to the publisher, but she offered to give another quick through if I could get it to her quickly... so that's what I've done.

The publisher has been alerted that it will be with him very soon, and I also updated him on the next project, GENIE. A good friend in Germany is talking with someone, but they might not speak English, and if that fails then the graphic novel is definitely off the cards. But we'll see.

I think I've found a retailer I like for comics now - http://www.page45.com/ - a bit more expensive than e-bay, but there's something about them, a love of the whole thing. It's as if it is more than a job... it is as if comics is their life. That's the person I want to trade with. They know their comics, and as they get to know me, I'll be able to go to them and say, "I feel like taking a risk..."

For books, I'm still favouring http://www.hive.co.uk/ - Not always more expensive than the rip-off warehouse that shall not be named... but more often than not, a few pounds more expensive, and some books aren't in stock... but they're now my first port of call when looking for a book.