msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese

France, France... must you beat the UK at everything?

Working in I.T. I see some utter nonsense come out of the mouths of U.K. politicians. I'm used to it. But to see this from France?!?! http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/06/france_mulls_tighter_noose_around_crypto/

According to Le Monde, the (in French) extension of the state of emergency could also stretch to requiring all rental cars to carry GPS, expansion of public video surveillance, two-year telecommunications data retention, and approval for police to use IMSI-catchers (like the Stingray devices used in America).

.....

Some of the proposals, however, seem nebulous to the point of impossibility: the proposals stretch beyond shutting off the Wi-Fi at Parisian cafes to banning “shared connections” with criminal sanctions as enforcement.

I mean... how far is this going to go? Banning shared connections? They do know about Wi-Fi hacking, right?! And when I was a humble mobile techy in rental vehicles, all you needed was some foil around the GPS transmitter and you were good to go.