msknight

The Game Believes in You: How Digital Play Can Make Our Kids Smarter
Greg Toppo
Progress: 114/256 pages

8:30pm - Signing off

I didn't get much further. The attic has been sprayed, and then I went on to clean the oven. Somehow, I think it's going to need a second coat of chemicals to get all the crap off. Will need to put a note in my diary to ensure it gets an annual clean, whether it needs it or not.

Dealt with a bunch of correspondence and that sort of thing and then a phone call, before then settling back down in bed and returning to writing. Two glasses of wine later and I'm now here with a cup of coffee, working on chapter 3. 486 words before the start and 549 after starting the re-work, but I'm not going to get the chance to finish re-working even this small chapter tonight. I'm tired, a little emotionally bruised and I have an early morning. It's working its way towards 8:30pm and my body is shutting down ready for the early start tomorrow. Gonna be one hell of a day. Gas works at three points during my drive to work. Oh joy.

I'd love to be able to write full time. It's like waves. You catch a nice one and travel a few feet and when there is nothing, you just tread water and do a little housework. Then, when the wind whips up a real tidal wave, you scream, "Surfs up dude!" and do a Hawaii-five-o all the way through the tunnel so impressive that even your keyboard is sitting there saying, "What the fuck just happened!" after the hammering.

Right now, though, I have to get some sleep. The surf board's packed in the woody and its time to drive to the beach hut for the night.

I hope you've enjoyed this look in to the peaks and troughs of a days writing. I've made progress; not a massive amount of words, but that's how creation goes.