msknight

The Game Believes in You: How Digital Play Can Make Our Kids Smarter
Greg Toppo
Progress: 114/256 pages

Insane Goals

In an interview, Seb Lester, the master calligrapher said this ... "I am ambitious. My attitude towards ambition is if you don’t set insane goals in life then how are insane things going to happen?" - http://www.booooooom.com/2015/09/11/an-interview-with-master-calligrapher-seb-lester/ - he actually lives not a hundred miles from me, in the town of Lewes, East Sussex.

Call it what you will. Got to be in it, to win it? Nothing ventured, nothing gained? Speculate to accumulate?

I guess that's why I'm doing Wyntercon.

In my heart of hearts, I know that the conventional channels are stuffed solid. Reviewers are overwhelmed and I'm incredibly grateful for those that have spared the time to proffer an opinion on my scribblings so far. I know how high TBR piles can get!

Part of me is ready, after completion of the Submissive Heart series, to throw in the towel. I also know of other authors who are thinking the same way. The whole book thing is broken and no longer fit for purpose in a digital age.

There is only one way to really get noticed, and that's to put your head above the parapet and risk getting it shot off. Not a very attractive proposal, but like Lester said, if you don't set insane goals, then how are insane things going to happen?

The convention will be difficult. Stood behind a table for two days, not only punting ones wares, but wearing ones heart on ones sleeve. (that's a lot of ones, for a single person!) It would be so much easier and less risky to sit at home, watching the TV.