msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

On Line Social Connections

— feeling beaten

Many of our on-line social connections are not under our control. Some services can live and die within a matter of a few years, some of the bigger ones can die at a whim; Okurt was killed even though being owned by Google.

Also, our accounts are at the whim of the services themselves as Scout found out the hard way when Facebook suspended his account...

“It’s a really weird social disruption,” he told ThinkProgress. “It makes you realize how many people you don’t have emails or phone numbers for because you have a Facebook relationship. You have a large group of people you’re talking with that you’re suddenly cut off from. If this were happening to more people, they’d be up in arms.”

Full article here - http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2015/07/03/3676827/facebook-transgender-real-name-policy/

But as an author, books live on for longer than these services, so you need to ensure that you have a more solid mechanism of contact within your pages, than something on Facebook or Twitter.