msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

Review - How Not To Murder Your Grumpy - 3.5 out of 5 stars

How Not to Murder Your Grumpy - Carol E. Wyer

A nice easy read at 97 pages. As a mix of facts, jokes and suggestions, I recommend taking a look at the preview to see if it's your kind of book.

Occupying time in retirement is a serious subject, often overlooked. Failing to have a life focus in the twilight years can lead to serious mental illness and depression, so something like this with a good chunk of suggestions, is not as silly as it might sound!

Personally, I'm sorted. I have a musical keyboard and electric guitar ready for when I finally escape the drudgery of the nine to five. I also have a kimono collection (that's one Carol missed!) and a few other odds and sods to ensure my one remaining brain cell remains active. However, there's the question. What are you and your Grumpy going to do? That's what this book is about.

In our modern lives, we're sometimes completley spoilt for choice and thumbing through a book of suggestions can actually be the kick that makes us decide to get off our backside and do something.

As mentioned, the book is a mix of things. Did you know that a volleyball jumper apparently jumps roughly three hundred times during the average match? Some of the pre-made one-liners are not up to snuff; having heard most of them before. Carol's humour that is interjected in with the facts and suggestions are a lot better.