msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

Casual Read Project

2015 will see me start a casual read project. Back nearly a decade ago I did a Fan Fiction project in which I wrote down the various processes that I went through in order to create "Meat Your Maker" which was a fan fic based on Futurama - http://msknight.com/loas/?p=1121

Now, I'm planning to do the same thing again, but with a, "casual read." At the moment I'm working on, "Leader," which is the follow up to, "Companion," and I'm half way through it.

I was first published in the '90s not because I wrote what I wanted to write, but because I wrote what the publisher wanted; what the public were buying. That's the same tactic that I'm going to use here. While I'm finishing, "Leader," I'm going to be doing research as to what it is that makes a casual read. Is it word count? It is readability? I'm going to get different responses; I know this. Then I'm going to have to pick the bones out and move forward from there.

It is Chrimbo at the moment and everyone is enjoying the time, so I've posted a few things, in a few places, to see who bites in January. Certainly, if you've got your own opinions on what makes a great casual read ... leave them here :-)