msknight

Michelle's corner

Comicbook Of The Month - Grafity's Wall

Written by Ram V, Art by Anand Radhakrishnan, Lettered by Aditya Bidikar, Colours by Jason Wordie, Irma Knivila and Anand Radhakrishnan. Art assistance by Girish Malap.

Dear Reader,

The book you are holding came about in a rather different way to most others. It was funded directly by readers through a new website: Unbound. Unbound is the creation of three writers. We started the company because we believed there had to be a better deal for both writers and readers. On the Unbound website, authors share the ideas for the books they want to write directly with readers. If enough of you support the book by pledging for it in advance, we produce a beautifully bound special subscribers' edition and distribute a regular edition and ebook wherever books are sold, in shops and online.

That's interesting! I've done this form of creation purchasing before, and I'm certainly open to it. I was even one of the backers fro a documentary, "Conquering Northern China." However, for the moment I'm up to my limit in cash and time... but this is certainly on my list for future investigation. I've had enough of the mainstream.

Quick status report, I've finished the first read of the Firefly compilation, and I hope to do the second read this weekend. This book will go in the TBR queue, but the comic books are going to take preference over the usual written works, until I've caught up... which I'm hoping will happen in late December as it's my turn to take the extra holidays that fill in the gaps between the statutory holidays... so I'll get a decent break.