msknight

Michelle's corner

5,000 well formed words

"The Wrap," is starting to take shape. I've got the first four chapters forming nicely. Tripped over the 5,000 word mark and another 750 from sections further down the pipe line.

Currently writing an action scene. Difficult to write. I have to balance the action between describing what's going on in a complex scene, but keeping it believable and moving at a good pace.

This is, perhaps, the most difficult part of writing, for me. Fortunately, there are only two main characters involved in this, and an enemy swarm. Some readers like their action fast and don't care about the detail. Others like to be carried through it, as if in a time warp, detailing every twinging muscle so that they can rebuild the whole thing, blow for blow, in their minds eye.

It is impossible to please everybody, so I'm going to have to write this, and go through numerous re-reads until I'm happy with the balance between progression, believability and complexity.

Dylan could feel the thundering of his own pulse as he chased after Greda through the water. Their hastened strides causing copious splashing; the pipe work junctions nothing more than a blur as they followed the lights towards their target. There was no time to think now. It was do, or die.