msknight

Scott McCloud
Progress: 117/224 pages
Zero Point
Neal Asher

Review - "Hey Abbott....."

The Second Myth-ing Omnibus - Robert Asprin

The Second Mything Omnibus comprises of the fourth, fifth and sixth books in the Myth Adventure series. About 520-ish pages in total, roughly 170 per book, thereabouts.

It was more of the same as the first omnibus. The situations and gags kept coming in a constant stream. I think I guffawed loudly once in the book, the rest of the humour was a stream that kept coming, but rarely took a breather. Again, like watching a long Abbott and Costello routine.

Asprin is a skilled writer, as I think I might have said in the previous review, but some of the situations just didn't ring with me at all, just like in the first omnibus. Things were left unexplained and it wasn't really a roller coaster. It didn't really trigger any powerful emotions. I just felt like I was an outsider, observing the chaos as it unfolded. I did twig the identity of the Ax in, "Little Myth Marker," but I didn't find it disappointing, because I didn't, "feel," for the characters, if you know what I mean. At one point, there were also a lot of characters coming at me too quickly, and I had to put the book down a few times to process what I'd just read, before continuing.

An entertaining, well written romp if this is the kind of thing you like.