msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

A little downer

Seeing the quarterly book earnings come in and barely reach double figures, is depressing.

Intellectually, I know how things are right now in the real world. I have made various decisions, including not to sell my soul in order to gain the lifeblood of publicity. I came to the conclusion that I'm never going to be a famous author, winning awards and making a living at this. Writing has been relegated to a hobby which enables me to express myself and make contact with people.

While that is a worthwhile goal... being an occasional creator rather than a constant consumer... it is a bit of a blow to see figures that bad !!! But I know I'll get over it in a few days... it's just one of the downs in the ever rising and falling fluctuation of fate.

That and lack of feedback, however, does mean that writing falls further down the list of priorities. Setting time scales and deadlines now become worthless. Things will now happen... when they happen. And that's just how life rocks !