msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese

It's snowing out the window, and raining in my heart.

I've just received an e-mail from my publisher. I won't go in to detail about what it contains, but it makes sense and I can't argue with it. There are commercial forces at work in a hell of a rough market.

The long story short, is that if you, as readers, like a book then please tell the world about it. Print on demand is expensive and there must be a clear market for a book now, before it will make it in to print. Amazon are killing CreateSpace in favour of Kindle, and along with it come a barrow load of changes behind the scenes.

Authors have been caught doing all sorts to game the system. Whether their motivation is pure greed, or just trying to find a way to battle against the one book that is published every minute in the US and UK alone (actually, more than one a minute if the stats I've read are anything to go by) ... whatever the motivation, it's still seen as a dishonest way to go.

But whatever way you slice the pie, that leaves authors at the mercy of our readers.

I've already said that no-one owes me a review. Even as a result of giveaways, if someone leaves a review, then it's a bonus... but it isn't something I expect, much less demand. However, that doesn't do away with the bottom line... if you like an author (even if it isn't me *cough*) then they need your support to grow and continue.