msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

So... what's been happening?

Today was Post Office day. Everything has been dispatched and people now have their tracking numbers. Fortunately, I got in to town quickly and there wasn't much of a queue. Had five things on my list and four got done. The ironmongers didn't have a clothes rail for inside my wardrobe, so I'll have to e-bay that one.

I'm in dead time. A period where I'm getting my feet under the table at work and getting to grips with my new duties, which seem to be getting larger by the day. I'm also using the personal time to catch up on other things that have fallen down, and tidying up loose ends. That way, when I do return to writing, I can do so cleanly.

It is amazing the number of things that can just jump out of the woodwork. As you'll know about me from my early books, I'm in the BDSM scene and spent some time in a certain location, in the company of like minded people. Enjoyed the conversations thoroughly, and set some more creative plans for the future.

A bit of extra news that people might like to be aware of, is that credit card processing firms ganged together and forced web site, FetLife, to take legal material down from its web site, or they would stop processing their transactions.

Now, the particular things that were the subject of this censorship didn't affect me... but I'm damn sure that when payment houses club together and start using their weight to force legal things off the Internet... that affects me badly. If they succeed, then they will get the green light to work their way up, from the thin end of the wedge. So if you're the type that values freedom from corporate censorship, you might want to keep your ears open.

I hope, by the end of March, to report that I've started the re-write of Companion. We'll see. If all goes to plan, then I should be launching a give away for five copies of GENIE, at the start of March. Stay tuned.