msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese

We're all human...

We live in interesting times. The image and social pressures on men and women, colliding with the personality of the individual, makes an intersting thing to observe. More so for me because, as a transsexual, I've spent a little time on both Mars and Venus.

To cut an extremely long story short, the latest neurological research on dendrites in the brain shows that we are all individuals; there is no such thing as a male and female brain when it comes to capability. (look up Daphne Joel, Brain and Sex in TedX on YouTube) The phsyical differences make no practical difference to individual ability and personal traits. Hormones, however, have a major role to play in how our bone structure forms. If you want to see this in action, then Norman Spack is on YouTube and near the end of his video on hormone blocking, he shows twins; Nicole and Jonas. Nicole received blocking hormones and prevented the changes that happened in her twin brother, Jonas. That's the power of hormones, which go on to affect our emotions and responses in life. Just ask any person who has hormone imbalances, or receives the hormones that are opposite to what their body naturally produces... they'll confirm what it does to the emotions and personality.

When my male colleague picked up a small tin can and went off to sort his hair, it reminded me of a scene from O Brother, Where Art Thou...

General Store Clerk: I can get the part from Bristol. It'll take two weeks. Here's your pomade.
Everett: Two weeks? That don't do me no good.
Clerk: Nearest Ford auto man's Bristol.
Everett: Hold on, now. I don't want this pomade. I want Dapper Dan.
Clerk: I don't carry Dapper Dan. I carry Fop.
Everett: Well, I don't want Fop, goddammit. I'm a Dapper Dan man.
Clerk: You watch your language, young fella. This is a public market. If you want Dapper Dan, I can order it for you, have it in about two weeks.
Everett: Well ain't this place a geographical oddity! Two weeks from everywhere! Forget it! [slams money on the counter] I'll have a dozen hair nets.