msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

Spotted in "The Guardian"

Fifty Shades of Grey swamps charity shops.

With almost enough copies of Fifty Shades of Grey to build its own sex dungeon, a branch of Oxfam in Swansea has asked people o stop donating the erotic novel or any of its sequels. "We appreciate all your donations, but less Fifty Shades and more 60s and 70s vinyl would be good," wrote Phil Broadhurst, the shop's manager, in a post on Facebook.

For a while, Oxfam published a list of its most-donated authors; between 2009 and 2012, Dan Brown was top. "I think Dan Brown is still pipping it, actually, but [Fifty Shades] is up there." says David Taylor at the Oxfam bookshop in Salisbury. Copies of Fifty Shades there are sent to the local depot for redistribution to other shops; his branch doesn't sell it. "It sounds snobby, but there are 10 charity shops in our street and you can buy it in any one of them." he says.

It goes on, but that's really all you need from that, I think!