msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese

Review - Hawkeye My Life As A Weapon - 3.5 out of 5 stars

Hawkeye, Vol. 1: My Life as a Weapon - Matt Fraction, David Aja, Javier Pulido

I guess you've got to be in to the lore to work out how some of this stuff is coming together. I mean... this appeared to be three stories in one.

It was the time swapping thing that threw me. It seems that in a second half, that money was being stolen for payment to stop crap that was happening in the first half. When the third segment kicked in, I wasn't sure where I was.

Then the tapes stuff happened, and after that, the graphics took a complete change and... a younger set of Avengers? Er...

... or maybe the car was totally disconnected as well, and that was four stories in one? Fuck I'm confused.

And things like, "(French Stuff)," "(Wait, maybe some Italian too?)," ... just completely failed to set up whatever it was in my head, that the dialogue was supposed to invoke. - I believed I was getting one story here, like Batman Hush. Turned out to be not the case. After this, I'll be getting Deadpool Split Second, and if they fail to do anything then I think I'll leave graphic novels on the shelf. As Maynard Tiboldt said, "Zoot alors!"