msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
Progress: 208/256 pages

Writing and working

It's fifteen minutes before my shift starts, and I've got to 30% of the final re-read of Grave before sending it in. I'm hoping to get it finished tonight. I've already sent a few adjustments to home e-mail to enact this evening.

It's like holding down two jobs. Satisfying? Well, that's a good question. The learning process is a long one. Just as I surmount one step in the learning curve, there's an even steeper one waiting for me, and I feel like I'm now at the point where I can't shine at two jobs; it has to be one, or the other.

Inserting the extra detail and depth in to Genie is something which can't be done in snatched windows of time. At least, I can't do that. (looks at clock. 10 mintues.)

When Companion first came out, I thought it was going to make an impact and change things. It didn't, and the ensuing months taught me a lot. Writing is an investment in the future that rarely pays in the present. The problem is, how much longer before the rainy days come! ... or something like that. You know what I mean!

I can see, now, why quality books take so long, even for full time authors. Banging them out does no one any favours. Also, I can understand the eagerness that fans display. We do seem to live in a, "want-it-now," world these days.

As for that satisfaction i was talking about? I suppose there's the need to know whether you've done a good job; and only a portion of that can come from inside oneself.

Five minutes. Time to nip to the loo and switch jobs, I guess.