msknight

Michelle's corner

Your Beauty Mark. All You Need to Get the Hair, Makeup, Glow, and Glam.
Dita von Teese
The Shepherd's Crown
Terry Pratchett
Progress: 115/352 pages

More cloud services get axed...

— feeling bad smell

"Dropbox is going to be nixing the Mailbox and Carousel services early next year." - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/07/dropbox_to_kill_mailbox_and_carousel/

"A spokesperson confirmed to The Register that Facebook will be removing its Snapchat-like phone app Slingshot, Riff (which only launched in April), and internet chat forum Rooms from the iOS and Android app stores." - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/12/07/facebook_kills_slingshot_rooms/

For any creative, the swift creation and shuttering of services is a warning to keep an eye on things and not to get caught out. Occasionally, smaller services have gone completley bust. I had a game system on one service where the company went bust and the company they had employed to host their services, wouldn't let me get my files back, either.

Be cautious when dealing with the cloud; especialy for works in progress.